The school has made considerable progress over recent years to educate the school community with regard to parking within the neighbourhood and to encourage alternative transport options. The steps below outline the initiatives undertaken:
Our School Travel Plan (STP) sets out how a school intends to increase levels of walking, cycling and use of public transport for the journey to and from school. It is developed through a partnership involving the school and the Council (in particular Transport and Education). It is based on consultation and engagement with teachers, parents, pupils, governors and other local people.
- The school has created 8 staff parking bays along the forecourt on Waldegrave Park and a further 3 to 4 parking bays at our premises on Teddington Park Road.
- We have introduced a cycle to work scheme offering tax incentives to staff to purchase a cycle.
- We have installed two new cycle racks on the forecourt on Waldegrave Park and also have further racks inside the school grounds.
- We have an additional new staff shower facility to encourage staff to consider using alternative forms of transport especially cycling.
Staggered Collection & Drop Offs
- Our breakfast club allows parents to drop off as early as 7.30am.
- The nursery school day ends at 3.20pm.
- The Prep school day ends at 3.50pm.
- The Pre-Prep school days ends at 3.30pm.
- After school club runs through to 6pm.
- After school activity clubs end at 5pm.
- We operate two school buses covering routes through Twickenham, Richmond, East Molesey, Kingston Bridge and Hampton.
- We have four games afternoons which are held offsite at NPL Sports Ground where parents can collect children at the end of the games lessons direct from NPL.
- We also seek opportunities for parents to collect children direct from external events such as our swimming gala at Teddington Pool and Sports Day at St Mary’s.