The school is very fortunate in having a tremendously supportive parent body, many of whom give their time and talent generously in running the Parents’ Association. The NHS PA is now a registered Charity, Number 1186413.
The main aim of the PA is to organise social events to bring the wider school community together. Typically, they hold 5 or 6 events a year, mostly for families, including Fireworks night, a Christmas Fair and Summer Fair, but also fun nights for parents, like a quiz night or PA ball. All these events also raise funds for charity and school projects. In addition, the PA runs the school uniform shop.
Each year we raise in the region of £15,000 and these funds are spent in three different areas:-
- Charity : Each year we nominate a particular charity to support which has some links to the school community and donate in the region of £5,000.
- Supporting School Events: Approximately £5000 goes to running complimentary events and workshops for parents and/or the children, on a diverse range of topics, such as internet awareness, relationships, mental health, eating disorders etc. We have also supported additional extras, with an annual author's visit, reindeer and final year school disco.
- Capital Projects and Initiatives: Over £5,000 goes to the school. We buy things which are outside the general remit of the school, but which will benefit the children. Most recently this has included the outdoor classroom and a PA system for the music department. The PA works closely with parents and the Senior Leadership Team to support ideas that will really add value to the school and the pupils.
Everyone who is a parent/guardian of a child at the school is a member of the PA. We are run by a Board of Trustees who are voted on annually at the AGM.
- The trustees hold a meeting every half term and invite class reps to attend in order to bring ideas and support from each class.
- At these meetings, an event and fund-raising calendar is put together and class reps reach out to their classes to find volunteers to take on either individual events or a specific task at events, e.g. running the BBQ. It's great fun to get a group of friends together to make an event happen!
- All members are then invited to participate in volunteering at an event via our event website PlanSocial.
PA Organised Events
- Spring Term: The Quiz Night
- Summer Term: Year Three Welcome Drinks, the Summer Fair, and Summer Concert refreshments
- Winter Term: Fireworks Night, Christmas Wrapping paper distribution, The Christmas Fair and Xmas tree sales
- In addition we will organise adhoc events during the year.
How you can Help
The NHSPA is always looking for volunteers to help plan and run events. If you would like to find out more, you can come to a meeting or contact us at using the link above. Volunteering is a great way of meeting parents from different year groups, or getting to know people better when you only get to bump into each other on the school run. We can only be successful if parents support us.
If you’re short on time, then please do sign up to our fundraising initiatives:
- NHSPA is signed up to #easyfundraising, where you can raise money for FREE when you shop online. All you have to do is create a FREE account and choose to support Newland House School Parents Association. Then 4,000 shops and sites (including all the BIG names like eBay, John Lewis and Partners, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat and many more) will donate to us for FREE every time you use #easyfundraising to shop with them. Sign up here.
- We’ve also signed up to Amazon Smile. You can use the same easyfundraising page to use this as they link up, or you can register separately at this link.
- We are also registered to receive 20% commission on https://www.easy2name.com for all your labels. All you need to do is put Newland House School PA in the Select Fundraising Group box on checkout.