The school site is currently fully open to all pupils and visitors but we continue to operate in line with the latest government guidance.
School Risk Assessment
The school has carried out a risk assessment directly addressing hazards associated with COVID-19 and operating safely. This has been considered and approved by school governors have signed it off and we have sought and will continue to seek external advice to ensure that our ongoing programme follows the right approach.
- this addresses the risks associated with Coronavirus, and details the measures which have been put in place to control those risks for children and staff and includes:
- making sure that children and young people do not attend if they have symptoms of Coronavirus
- promoting regular hand washing for 20 seconds with running water and soap or use of sanitiser and ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the catch it, bin it, kill it approach
- encouraging twice weekly testing for all staff and pupils in Years 7 & 8
Information for Visitors
(Please note that during any period of National Lockdown, only essential contractors will be permitted access to the school site. Visits for prospective parents and existing parents recommenced in the Summer Term 2021 in line with the government's relaxations) .
From September 2021 visitors may come into the school by prior appointment and provided that they:
- are fully well
- have no current symptoms of coronavirus
- have not tested positive for coronavirus in the last 10 days
- are not a close contact awaiting the result of a PCR test
- bring a suitable face mask to wear when entering classrooms
- In addition, we would highly recommend that visitors arrange to self administer a Lateral Flow Home Test prior to visiting the school. Please see the following section section on how to acquire these.
No one with symptoms should attend the school for any reason. The most important symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If any visitor has any of the symptoms above they are advised to follow the COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection guidance (which states that the ill person should remain in isolation for 10 days and the rest of the household in isolation for 10 days see further details below).
Arranging a COVID-19 Test
If you have no symptoms and are not eligible for a PCR test for other reasons, you can arrange a Lateral Flow Home Test prior to visiting the school as follows:
Prevention & Personal Hygiene
- The government recommends that you keep two metres away from other people as a precaution and follow the additional advice in : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-safe-outside-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home
- It is essential that everyone washes their hands more often. When arriving on the school site, visitors are asked to make use of the hand sanitiser which is readily available at the school Reception points. Please respect the current distancing advice and avoid shaking hands.
- Where possible, windows will be open in meeting rooms and it is recommended that you do not sit face to face with members of the school community.
- We ask all visitors to respect the school's policy in ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Visitors will be asked to provide their full contact details so that they can easily be traced in accordance with the government's Test & Trace facility if necessary.
- Visitors are asked to wear masks which should be used in line with the current this guidance : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
- Visits by prospective parents will be solely by individual appointment and predominantly limited to the external areas of the school with no direct classroom access or interaction with teaching staff or pupils.
If you would like to discuss any of the above please contact firstname.lastname@example.org