Occasional Vacancies: Years 3 to 6 (age 7 to 11)

The school has 3-form entry all the way through from Reception to Year 6 with the Nursery and Reception being the main  entry points. There are no additional defined entry points (other than Year 7 detailed below) and all children in Year 2 in the Pre-Prep automatically transfer to Year 3 in the Prep School.

Therefore,  admission into Years 3 to 6 is dependent upon the availability of occasional place only arising when an existing pupil leaves. Children seeking an occasional vacancy may register for a place and will be held on a waiting list if we are full within their year group. Once a place becomes available they will be interviewed and assessed .


Joining Year 7

Girls leave the school at the end of Year 6, aged 11. Boys, however, usually stay with us for a further two years and leave at the end of Year 8 to move into Year 9 in senior school (aged 13). The school offers an opportunity for pupils to join at the beginning of Year 7 provided that we can ensure that the transition into the prep environment is appropriate and that they can easily integrate into the school.

The entry process for senior schools in Year 9 is based on boys sitting pre-test (entrance  examinations) in January of Year 6, some two years in advance of them leaving their prep education. None the less, the school will carefully consider individual circumstances, education to date and current academic ability prior to admitting pupils into Year 7. 

Overseas Nationals

Overseas nationals entering the UK, who wish to apply for a place must have a right of abode or the conditions of their immigration status must permit them to access UK education.

Children aged under 18 are classed as dependant children if they are the children of foreign nationals who have settled status in the UK, or who are entering the UK on a work visa or Student visa, or who are part of a family entering or residing in the UK under the immigration route for British National (Overseas) citizens and their dependants. These children are entitled to enter the country with their family, or to join their family and study at a state-funded or independent school once in the UK.

Please note that the school is unable to sponsor unaccompanied children who are entering on a Child Student visa or Student visa.

Foreign nationals cannot use the 6-month Standard Visitor visa, or 11-month Short-term Study (English language) visa, to enter the UK to enrol as a pupil at the school.


We believe that staying in our child centred environment beyond Year 6 offers the opportunity for every boy to develop at his own pace and allows for a greater sense of achievement and responsibility.