Newland House is a co-educational, day, IAPS preparatory school, educating children between the ages of four and thirteen. We aim to:
- Provide a firm foundation on which all aspects of education will be built. We believe that education is a route to spiritual, moral, social, cultural, physical and mental development, and therefore the well-being of the individual.
- Provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, covering the academic, artistic and physical elements so crucial for the development of the whole child and to create high standards of learning for all the children in a caring and supportive environment.
- Promote enquiring minds and build on pupils’ strengths, interests and experiences so that every pupil is valued for the talents and beliefs he or she brings to the school.
- Promote pupils’ self-esteem and emotional well-being.
- Help pupils become caring, responsible individuals who will contribute positively to our community and to society at large.
- Promote pupils’ self-esteem and emotional well-being so that when they move on to their secondary schools they do so as well rounded individuals, confident of fulfilling their potential. We hope that they take with them meaningful memories and a strong sense of what is right and good.
- We believe in equal opportunities for all the children in the school, irrespective of social background, culture, race, gender or ability.